CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Progress

I am a proud Mom!

These last couple of weeks have been different. I posted that we have seen a resurgence of control issues. While that is true, we have also seen a change in Alyssa's overall behavior. We are starting to be "in tune" with each other. I remember having that kind of connection with my Mom, and I am now starting to have it with Alyssa! I can't describe how good that feels! We have been getting along better and Alyssa has been much more respectful!

Our home is calmer, more loving, and we are all working together! It is a wonderful feeling to see the security in my daughter's eyes! Change is possible, healing is possible. I know we will continue to have ups and downs, but I see a bright future ahead of us. My biggest wish for Alyssa has always been that she just be a normal kid. A child that knows she is loved no matter what, a child that is happy and feels secure. Alyssa is becoming that kid and it is the greatest feeling in the world!

5 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

Awesome! I have the same wish for Genea- just be regular. We will get there, kicking and screaming maybe, but we will get there!
Calm, happy and secure- beautiful!

Dia por Dia said...

That is wonderful! I know that feeling and there is nothing like it. Yes we still have ups and downs and some are vicious but we definitely have seen growth with Corazon. Enjoy the feeling!

Tammy said...

YOUR A GREAT MOM!!!!
LOVE YOU

Brie said...

how fantastic!! I'm so happy for your family! keep up the awesome work, and enjoy the rewards of all that hard work!

Lisa said...

Fabulous news Gerri!!!! Wahoo!
I'm over the moon for you!