CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Am I Old? Really???


I picked Alyssa up from school yesterday and we went to Wally World to pick up a few things. We are going through the check out and the lady at the register (who was in her 60's) called me Alyssa's GRANDMA!!!

Ok, I will admit that I am no spring chicken anymore, but people, I am 43 years old. Am I really old enough to have a 9 yr old GRAND DAUGHTER???????????????????????????????

I think NOT!!! By the way, I don't look 43! Those of you that know me IRL(in real life), will attest to the fact that most people think I am in my early 30's. I don't act like an old bag (shut up Tammy), I don't dress like an old bag, WHY WOULD YOU THINK I AM AN OLD BAG?????????

I tell you, I wanted to jump over the counter and bitch slap that woman!

Alyssa didn't hear the woman call me her Grandma. When I told her why my face was all red, she started giggling and said, "Well, maybe you should have had makeup on".

Jeff, of course was quick to point out that I am old enough to be a Grandma! That may be so, I do not deny it. I am old enough to be a Grandma. BUT I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BE GRANDMA TO A NINE YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously people, if any of you have any connections to the folks at TLC's "10 Years Younger", you need to hook me up. I apparently really need the help!!!

4 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

omg, that is hilarious. No, you do not look like anyone's grandma that I've ever met!!! Alyssa telling you to put make up on had me LOLing for real. Nothing like the support and encouragement of your loved ones !!!

Reighnie said...

I wouldn't take it personally. The way young girls are popping out kids...my ex-stepsister (L)had her first kid at 15, then when her daughter turned 15 she had her first making L a Grandma at 30!

Now, if your situation was say like my friend and mine then I would be worried. My friend K is 2 years older than me and twice people have confused her for my mother!

Tracey said...

Okay, Register Lady needs to be seriously slapped! That's right up there with asking a "fluffy" woman when her baby is due! (And for what it's worth, you don't appear granny-ish to me!)

Lisa said...

I think I would've had to hurt her.
The girl needs to have her eyes checked!

We're still just babies Gerri!